Choti Diwali, or Naraka Chaturdashi, is the second day of the five-day Diwali festival. Choti Diwali is celebrated on the day after Dhanteras and before Diwali or Deepavali. Also known as Roop Chaturdashi or Chaudas, Choti Diwali is believed to be the day when Krishna, Satyabhama and Kali defeated the demon Narakasur. On this day, people worship Yamraj, the god of death, and light a diya outside their houses. In some parts of the country, paper effigies of Narakasur are burnt to symbolise the destruction of evil.
Choti Diwali or Chhoti Diwali is also a day for visiting friends and family, exchanging gifts and celebrating with your near and dear ones.
Happy Choti Diwali 2020 images, wishes greetings, WhatsApp messages and status
- A very happy and a blissful Chhoti Diwali to you and your family.
- Aap sabhi ko Choti Diwali ki dheron shubh kamnayein.
- May the good always triumph over the evil. This Choti Diwali, celebrate all the goodness that exists in this world. Happy Choti Diwali. Happy Naraka Chaturdashi.
- Chhoti Diwali ke din mera pranam sweekar karein. Meri or se aapko dheron shubh kamnayein.
- Chhoti Deepavali ki bahut shubh kamnayein.
- Naraka Chaturdashi ke pavan avsar par meri or se aapko aur aapke poore pariwar ko dheron shubh kamnayein — happy Chhoti Diwali
- May this festive season fill your life with joy, peace, goodness, wealth, good health and prosperity — happy Chhoti Diwali to you.
- May Chhoti Diwali, fill your heart with enthusiasm and joy. May you have a sparking Naraka Chaturdashi!
- Here’s wishing you and your family, a very Happy Chhoti Diwali and Naraka Chaturdashi. Stay blessed and happy.
- On the auspicious occasion of Chhoti Diwali, here’s extending my warm greetings to you and your family.
- May the Almighty shower you with his choicest blessings, good health and wealth on the day of Chhoti Diwali — Happy Naraka Chaturdashi to you and your loved ones.
- May there be no shortage of happiness in your life and may you be showered with a bounty — happy Chhoti Diwali to you.
- May the lamps of Diwali illuminate your life, May the colours of rangoli usher in happiness, May the delicious Diwali desserts add sweetness to your life, And may you be blessed with Almighty’s choicest blessings — happy Chhoti Diwali to you.
- This Chhoti Diwali -May light win over darkness, Knowledge win over ignorance, Peace win over war, Ecstasy win over the agony, And last but not least, Love win over hatred. A very Happy Chhoti Deepavali to you