Search TagX on Google View all posts tagged as Tagx Find TagX related info in WikiPedia Most people know red ants as tiny creatures whose bite can leave you squirming […]
Most people know red ants as tiny creatures whose bite can leave you squirming in pain. But to diners in India’s eastern states of Chhattisgarh, Odisha, and Jharkhand, red ants and their eggs make a fine chutney. The paste is a sought-after delicacy, particularly in Chhattisgarh’s Bastar region, where it’s called chaprah (meaning “leaf basket,” a reference to the nests that the ants make using the leaves of the sal tree).
Collecting the insects from local forests is an arduous task. Each nest is surrounded by protective rings of male ants guarding the egg-laying females. At the slightest sign of danger, the males will attack. As they endure painful bites, the harvesters crush the males, add them to their bags, and then move on to the females and their eggs.
To make the chutney, villagers first crush and dry all the ants and eggs, then grind them with a mortar and pestle. Then they’ll add tomatoes, coriander, garlic, ginger, chili, salt, and a bit of sugar to create a smooth, orange paste. Sometimes, they might cook the paste further with oil and chopped onions.
- Best plugin for Music production
- Elon Musk surpasses Jeff Bezos to become world’s richest person
- New Apple AirPods Max – Silver (2021)
- Co-WIN App- Covid registration App: Need to Know
- Alternative Version of ‘Avicii: True Stories’ Documentary Appears Online [WATCH]
- Covid 19 updated…
- Red Ants Chutney to Treat Covid-19? Ayush Ministry, CSIR to Take a Call
- Happy new year 2020
- Moderna’s coronavirus vaccine is 94.5% effective,
- All you need to know Apple launches M1 chip, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, Big Sur OS:
- STREAM, CREATE, EXPERIENCE DDJ-200 – Poineer Console India
- Happy Choti Diwali 2020: Wishes, Images, Quotes, SMS, Wallpapers, Messages, Photos, Status For Facebook And Whatsapp
- Ayurveda Day: PM Narendra Modi To Dedicate 2 Ayurveda Institutes To Nation